Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW transmission capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 730-mile route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- Nov. 2015: BLM says Record of Decision now “anticipated for late March 2016”
- 7 years of sponsorship at UAC annual convention
- BLM, Western publish Final Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"Renewable resources can be the lowest cost sources of electricity on the grid – and their fuel is free, so transmission that accesses renewable resources is very effective at reducing consumers’ electric bills and the volatility of electricity prices."
- AWEA/SEIA Green Power Superhighways report, February 2009