Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 725-mile proposed route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- NREL economic analysis commissioned by WIA confirms significant benefits of Wyoming wind for California
- Our archive of 2013 Draft EIS public meetings resources is now online
- BLM/Western publish Draft EIS document
BLM and Western are joint lead agencies preparing an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"Transmission is the biggest barrier to the development of Wyoming's considerable wind energy resources. But not only do we need to build the lines to carry this renewable energy to market, these lines must be 'right-sized' from the start. The key is to get the maximum number of electrons transferred with the least amount of environmental disturbance."
- Wyoming Governor Dave Freudenthal, 2009