Delivering Wyoming wind energy to the West
By the numbers
- 3,000 MW transmission capacity
- 600 kV HVDC
- 730-mile route
- 3-year construction creating 1,000+ jobs each year
- $3B estimated cost
- Nov. 17, 2017: TWE Project earns Accepted Rating from WECC
- May 31, 2017: USFS issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
- Jan. 17, 2017: WAPA issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
- Dec. 13, 2016: BLM issues Record of Decision for the TWE Project
BLM and WAPA are joint lead agencies that prepared an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. USFS was a cooperating agency. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
"A robust transmission grid provides consumers with access to lower-cost electricity. On a severely constrained transmission grid… consumers are forced to rely on local power plants even though plants in other regions can produce power more efficiently and at lower cost."
- AWEA/SEIA Green Power Superhighways report, February 2009