Critical grid infrastructure to connect the West
By the numbers
- 732 miles of high-voltage transmission infrastructure consisting of two systems: a 3,000 MW direct current (DC) segment with terminals near Sinclair, Wyo., and Delta, Utah; and a 1,500 MW alternating current (AC) segment from the Utah terminal to southern Nevada.
- $3 billion estimated cost
- Three planning regions in the WECC connected by this interregional system
- Sept. 21, 2023: TWE Project construction activity begins in Wyoming
- June 30, 2023: Smiles, support surround TWE Project groundbreaking
- June 20, 2023: TransWest Express Transmission Project celebrates construction phase with Cabinet Secretaries and groundbreaking in Wyoming
- June 5, 2023: TransWest Express chooses Barnard Wilson Joint Venture as transmission line construction partner
- April 11, 2023: Interior Department issues the Notice to Proceed for the TransWest Express Transmission Project
BLM and WAPA are joint lead agencies that prepared an Environmental Impact Statement for the TWE Project. USFS was a cooperating agency. Each federal agency has an EIS-related site:
Join TransWest's email list to receive periodic updates and meeting notifications.
Follow us on Twitter.
In the news
The TWE Project is “A WIN for the West and our entire country."
- Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, June 20, 2023